What’s the sweetest bloggy gift one mom can give to another mom in the blogosphere?
I’ve asked myself this question a few times. If I wanted to give a digital gift in the form of a blog post–or better yet, if I wanted to get a digital gift in the form of a blog post–what might be in it?
A list of possibilities:
- Laughs. I like laughs. Laughs are always good, especially at someone else’s expense. One of the mom bloggers whose writing I read simply spells the word ‘larf’ and I’m already a tish happier.
- Recipes. Eh…I mean…ok. But not the greatest. To me, reading a blog post full of recipes is like opening one’s stocking on Christmas morning and finding a comb, an orange, and some Wrigley’s spearmint gum (hey, not that I’m ungrateful, Mom).
- Mom fails. What I really like to read about is all the things that the I-seem-like-I’ve-got-my-foo-foo-together moms don’t actually get done in a day. It makes me feel better about myself. That’s borderline emotionally unhealthy, I know. But borderline is better than fully unhealthy, right? Denial, anyone?
- Homeschool fails. See above. Just add long division.
- Inspiration. Done correctly, and without emoticons or clip art, these types of posts can cause me to see the big picture for, like, 30 minutes. This is really helpful.
- Weight loss journeys. I don’t need to explain this, right?
- Posts with interesting links. It’s like prepackaged curricula. Someone else has done all the work.
And now my question to you is, What do you most like in a blog post? What do you find dull and what makes your day better after having read it?